l
width="475" height="400">
.:Wednesday, July 26, 2006:.
::
Background of Self-Portrait.

Following everyone around by making self-portraits... voilà:


Even though I rarely draw (I usually paint) I decided to follow the others, beginning with Kam and ending up with Rembrandt, van Gogh, Kahlo and Courbet.

When doing this exercise I gazed into a mirror and attempted to grasp my identity ( I doesn't have to work at all times but...). I sought to portray my image by showing a representation of some clear features, an outpouring of emotions. I took a long literal and figurative look at myself by exploring beyond my glasses, which seem to fall apart. Hehehe...

I know, I will never earn a peny by making portraits down La Seine or outside De Rijksmuseum. But I gave it a try.
::

.:Lo wrote this at: 12:26 PM:.
...